Welcome from the Headteacher
I am honoured and delighted to be the headteacher of the Chalet School. The school is made up of a close community of governors, school leaders, parent/ carers and staff. We work together to achieve the best outcomes for each and every child in our care by offering a bespoke curriculum that is personalised, creative and inclusive. The children are at the centre of every decision we make and we take great pride in celebrating their achievements and encouraging the families to take an active role in their child's education and future life goals.
The Chalet School is a primary special school, catering for pupils aged 3 - 11, with complex learning difficulties including children with an autistic spectrum condition. We currently have 60 pupils on roll. Please contact the school office if you would like to know more about our provision. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Vision is to be a beacon of excellence in the primary schooling of pupils with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND). We have three principal yardsticks by which we will measure our success:
- We wish to be recognised by parents/ carers and by our peers as a consistently Good Primary Special School in the South-West for pupils diagnosed with ASD and SEND.
- We aim to deliver a bespoke and personalised curriculum that will lay the foundations for all pupils to grow in independence and develop the necessary life skills for a successful and exciting journey into adulthood.”
- We aim to attract and retain the most motivated and dedicated staff by respecting their abilities, by offering them the opportunity to grow professionally and by providing them with an environment in which teamwork and excellent performance is expected and recognised.
Pupil Vision Statement
Please click here to view our Pupil Vision Statement.
Staff Core Values
- High expectations and high standards
- Respect and value each other
- Support and challenge each other
- Collaborate & celebrate together
- Demonstrate passion and drive
Here are the school’s top 3 priorities for 2018-19:
- Pupils will enjoy consistently good lessons
- Engage more with parents/carers and families
- Take care of staff well-being
Our School Offer
Please click here for full details of The Chalet School Offer